Chicago Style Ham Burger
- 300 g old-fashioned smoked ham, cubed
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- Relish, to taste
- Yellow mustard, to taste
- Sweet pickles, sliced
- Celery salt
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Heat a frying pan over high heat and brown the ham cubes in a little oil until lightly coloured.
- Add the onions and continue cooking 2 minutes; the onions should be golden without being dry. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients separately on the table and let each person build their own ham burger, topping each off with a good sprinkle of celery salt.