- 2 packages (2 X 175 g) old fashioned smoked ham, shaved
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium eggplants, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped
- 4 multigrain hamburger rolls
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- In a large, thick-bottomed frying pan heated on medium, add a glug of olive oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant cubes and cook stirring constantly for 4 minutes.
- Adding oil as needed, cook the zucchini and peppers for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper and mix well, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add chopped basil and remove from heat.
- Arrange smoked ham on bread bases, garnish with ratatouille, close the sandwiches and serve.