Ham Frittata Sandwich
- 150 g pepper smoked ham, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) milk or cream
- 2 herb-flavoured focaccia triangles
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red pepper, diced
- 1 medium potato, boiled and diced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (60 ml) herb-flavoured mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Break eggs into a deep mixing bowl, add cream, salt and pepper, and beat omelet-style. Set aside.
- Cut focaccia triangles in 2, spread crumb with butter and place on a baking sheet, butter side up. Set aside.
- Heat an 8-inch (21 cm) non-stick pan over medium heat, and sauté the ham and onion in a little oil until lightly coloured.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and diced potatoes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the omelet mixture and push around pan with a spatula until eggs start to firm up.
- Lower heat to minimum and continue cooking 3 minutes or until the bottom just starts to colour.
- Preheat broiler and place rack in highest position.
- Sprinkle frittata with grated parmesan and place pan in oven along with baking sheet with the focaccia.
- When the bread starts to toast, remove from oven and spread both sides with herbed mayonnaise.
- Remove frittata from oven, turn onto a plate and cut into wedges.
- Stack 2 wedges on each sandwich, close and serve immediately.