Sugaring Off Ham Hamburger
- 4 slices old-fashioned smoked bacon (about 1/4 in. /1 cm)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 country-style hamburger rolls, lightly toasted.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fruit ketchup (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup (250 ml) baked beans, hot (homemade or store bought)
- Butter, for cooking
- Melt 2 spoons of butter in a large cast iron or stainless steel pan and fry the ham slices until well browned on both sides.
- Cut each ham slice in 2.
- Place the bottoms of the rolls on a work surface and spread with fruit ketchup.
- Place a half slice of ham, then some beans, then another half slice of ham and top with bacon.
- Close the burgers and serve immediately.