- 1 package old fashioned smoke ham, shaved
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) vinegar
- 2 extra-fresh eggs
- Salsa verde, to taste (homemade or store bought)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- Pour water into a saucepan, add vinegar and place over high heat.
- Break the eggs into 2 small ramekins.
- When water starts to simmer, lower the heat; the water must not boil.
- Lower a ramekin (with the egg inside) so that the egg is covered with water, but stays in the ramekin. Cook gently until the white starts to solidify.
- Slide the egg into the water, and repeat the process for the second egg.
- Gently swirl the water in a circular motion and cook 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, gently remove eggs, one at a time, and place on a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut open croissants along one side and spread each base with salsa verde.
- Arrange smoked ham on top, then the avocado slices and coriander leaves and finish with a poached egg.
- Close the croissants taking care not to break the yolks.
- Serve on a plate and eat with a knife and fork.