- 3 slices light bologna
- 1 head garlic, cut in two
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cap
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 large white onion, cut into thick slices
- 6 slices fontina cheese
- 1 multigrain ciabatta baguette
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat BBQ on high.
- Pour a good amount of olive oil on the garlic head halves and place on warming rack. Close cover and roast for 20 minutes.
- When garlic is well cooked, using a small spoon scoop out the garlic purée and place it in a small bowl. Add the cream, salt and pepper, and whip to form a smooth purée.
- Place bologna slices on the lower grill.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil and grill until well coloured.
- Cut the bologna slices into large sticks and keep warm.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks and place in a bowl.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper, lemon juice and mix well.
- Open up baguette sections without cutting all the way through, brush the insides with olive oil and place on lower grill. Do not burn.
- Place baguette sections on a baking sheet and arrange vegetable chunks on top.
- Add bologna sticks and drizzle over the roasted garlic purée.
- Cover with cheese slices and place baking sheet on lower grill.
- Close the cover and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.