Mock Chicken Pesto Feuilletées
- 4 slices mock chicken, cut into 9 squares
- 1 package flaky pastry (store bought)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) basil pesto
- 9 basil leaves
- 9 cherry tomatoes (mini)
- 9 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 425°F (215°C).
- Roll out the pastry dough to form a 12-inch (30 cm) square and cut into 9 equal pieces.
- Beat the egg yolk with 1 tbsp. cold water.
- Place the 9 dough squares on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Using a serrated knife, split each square in 2 and place a small spoonful of pesto on each base.
- Place the mock chicken squares on top of each pastry base in piles of 9.
- Place the pastry covers on top and decorate with a basil leaf and a cherry tomato pierced with a toothpick. Serve immediately.