Sausage Frittata on Flat Bread
- 2 Bratwurst sausages
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 Greek style pita bread
- 1 cup (250 ml) baby spinach
- Butter, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and boil the Toulouse sausages for 10 minutes. Remove from water and let cool.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk, salt and pepper, onion, sweet peppers and parsley and beat again.
- Cut the Toulouse sausages into rounds, melt the butter in an 8-inch (21 cm) ovenproof non-stick pan and cook the sausage rounds over medium-high heat until nicely browned.
- Lower heat to medium, pour in the egg mixture and mix gently to distribute the sausage evenly.
- Cook until the mixture starts to firm up around the edges.
- Set oven to broil and place pan on top rack. Cook 3-4 minutes or until top is thoroughly cooked and starts to brown.
- Place the sausage frittata on the Greek style pita bread, cover with baby spinach, cut into 4 wedges and serve immediately.