Braised ham with sundried tomatoes
« Prepare ham in advance and cut into fine slices to make panini with cheese and grilled vegetables. »
So you're having people from work over for a quick dinner, “nothing fancy”. Don't panic! Get out the ham and sun dried tomatoes and serve it with green veggies and pasta. Brilliant!
- 1 Olymel Smoked Ham, 1.25 kg
- 1 clove garlic, green part removed
- 125 mL (½ cup) of sundried tomatoes, soaked in water or preserved in oil
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of parmesan cheese, grated
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 75 mL (5 tablespoons) of white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Chop garlic with sundried tomatoes in the food processor. Add parmesan cheese, then add oil gradually until the consistency is right. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place ham in an ovenproof dish and brush on all sides with sundried tomato mixture. Add white wine.
- Cook in the oven, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Cover ham with aluminum foil and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.