Sausage & Veggie Nachos
- 1 package Honey & Garlic sausages
- 1 broccoli, divided into florets
- 2 peppers (green and/or red) diced
- ½ cup (125 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 bag corn chips
- 2 cups (500 ml) orange cheddar, grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) cheese curds
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) guacamole
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cook sausages as indicated on the package.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in salted boiling water and chill them quickly in ice water. Drain well.
- Place the peppers and the broccoli florets in a large bowl, add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread out half the corn chips on a baking sheet lined with parchment and spread the vegetable mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle over half the grated cheese, then repeat the chip/veggie mixture step.
- Cut the sausage into rounds and arrange over top of the nachos.
- Sprinkle over with the remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese curds and diced tomato and bake another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with guacamole and sour cream and serve immediately.