- 3 Honey & Garlic sausages, cooked
- 2 lb (1 kg) yellow-fleshed potatoes, grated
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) apple sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped dill
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Place grated potato and onion in a colander and press with your hands to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the egg, flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom to a depth of ½ cm.
- Using two large spoons, shape mounds of potato mixture (about ¼ cup each) and place them side by side in the hot oil, then flatten pressing lightly to form the pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and transfer to a platter covered in a double thickness of paper towels.
- Cut sausages on the bias to obtain about 12 slices.
- Spread apple sauce on each pancake, add a slice of sausage and place under broiler until just sizzling.
- Mix the sour cream with the dill.
- Place the garnished pancakes on a serving platter and accompany with a ramekin of the dilled sour cream.