Chinese cabbage and ham spring rolls with sesame sauce.
« If you freeze the cabbage leaves ahead of time, they will be easier to work with. »
When planning these spring rolls with Chinese cabbage and ham, better double the recipe for the kids' lunches the next day. You'll raise your mom adoration factor a few notches in the process!
- 450 g of Olymel Shaved Traditional Cooked Ham
- 8 leaves Chinese cabbage
- 16 strips red pepper
- 16 strips yellow pepper
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into strips
- 250 mL (1 cup) of rice vermicelli
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of ginger, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of sesame oil
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of soy sauce
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of sesame seeds
- 250 mL (1 cup) of chicken stock
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of cornstarch
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Blanch cabbage leaves, then vegetables (cook for a couple of minutes, then let cool).
- Reserve boiling water and use to cook vermicelli for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Arrange cabbage leaves on work surface and open out.
- Fill cabbage leaves, starting with vermicelli at the firmer end.
- Divide ham and vegetables and place on top of vermicelli.
- Roll up cabbage leaves firmly.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer gently for 3 to 5 minutes.