De La Station Ham Toast
- 300 g double-smoked Black Forest ham, sliced thin
- 150 g Alfred le Fermier cheese, grated
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 large leek, shredded
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 1 ciabatta baguette, cut in 2
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the shredded leek and cook stirring regularly until compote-like. Pepper generously and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the crumb of the baguette halves with mustard and arrange ham slices on top, then the leeks. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- If you like, broil briefly for more colour.
- Cut each half-baguette in 2 and serve hot.