Ham and Bouquet of Basil Boursin Feuilleté
- 4 slices honey-smoked ham
- 1 package bouquet of basil Boursin cheese
- 1 roll (454 g) flaky pastry (store bought)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cold water
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) 2-colour sesame seeds
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Unroll the flakey pastry and, using a cookie cutter, cut out circles 6 cm (2 ½ in.) in diameter.
- Place the pastry circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg yolk with the water and brush the mixture on the pastry tops.
- Sprinkle over with sesame seeds and bake 10 minutes. Remove and place on a grate to cool.
- Using a serrated knife, split the pastry bottoms in 2 and remove the tops.
- Cut the ham slices in 4, fold the points and place them on the pastry bases. Garnish with a generous spoonful of bouquet of basil Boursin, decorate with tomato quarters, close the pastries and serve immediately.