Mini meat loaf cupcakes
« You can sprinkle Mozzarelle on the cupcake and put them at broil for a few minutes. Delicious! »
You can have your cupcake for diner! Sprinkled with bacon this mini meat loaf will be a hit with your small and big foodies, don't even try to resist.
- 750 g of turkey, pork or beef ground
- 350 g of Olymel regular bacon
- 2 eggs
- 50 g of grated parmesan
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 stalk of celery finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoons of dry or fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 600 g of mashed potatoes
- 250 ml of Marinara sauce
- Cut bacon into pieces and heat it in a cast iron pan over medium. Fry until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C)
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the thyme, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add the ground meat, garlic, celery, onions and parmesan cheese. Mix well .
- Spoon the meat mixture into mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 175 °F (80 °C).
- Heat the mashed potatoes and put them into a pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe the mashed potatoes on top of the mini cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces and serve with Marinara sauce.