Apple Sausage Canapés
- 2 Amoré Sausages Mild Italian, cooked
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 Cortland apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) maple syrup
- 18 baguette croutons
- Heat a stainless steel pan over high heat, add butter and 1 sprig of rosemary and cook the diced apple until lightly coloured.
- Add salt and the maple syrup and mix well, lower heat to medium and continue cooking 5 minutes stirring regularly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Reheat the sausages in the microwave and cut into rounds.
- Stir the apples again and remove the rosemary sprig.
- Top the croutons with the glazed apples and sausage rounds. Garnish with a few rosemary leaves and serve immediately.