California salad is like putting sunshine in your lunch! If you also add bacon, it's like a vacation at an all-inclusive resort… for a good hour!
- 375 g Olymel bacon
- 2 mandarin oranges or clementines in segments
- ½ yellow pepper cut into large chunks
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups spring mix style lettuce
- ½ cup radicchio, snipped
- 4 tbsp. pecan halves
- 4 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 dried shallots, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (1 tbsp.) red or white wine vinegar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) orange juice
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into large pieces and pan fry until crisp. Place on absorbent paper. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce onto salad plates, top with orange segments, pepper chunks, cherry tomatoes, radicchio, pecans and cranberries.
- Dress with vinaigrette and finish with bacon.