This sustaining and energizing meal is sure to be highlight reel-worthy. Mixing protein, vitamins and side dishes will put you in the zone! The #1 draft pick for game nights.
Sub Sandwich-Style Cold Cut Bowls
How do you turn typical ingredients into versatile players? Reuse them in tomorrow's lunch! Put your leftover cold cuts front and centre in this tasty and creative recipe.
- OLYMEL submarine trio
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1/2 minced iceberg lettuce
- 225 g (1/2 lb) slice mild provolone cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes of various colours, cut in half
- 250 ml (1 cup) croutons
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- A few strips of English cucumber
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 0,5 ml (1/8 tsp) dried oregano
- If desired, brown the OLYMEL salami (only) in a skillet over medium heat with the oil for one minute per side. Remove and let rest on absorbing paper.
- Divide the lettuce into 4 bowls. Top those bowls with charcuterie, cheese, tomatoes, croutons, peppers, cucumbers and onion. Set aside.
- Mix the olive oil, the red wine vinegar and the oregano. Drizzle over toppings right before serving.
- Serve cold.