« Bacon-wrapped seconds, please. »
To celebrate your promotion without blowing your raise, make these delicious chicken breasts stuffed with bacon. They'll all toast your many talents, especially your culinary ones.
- 4 skinless, deboned chicken breasts
- 8 slices Olymel Applewood Smoked Flavour Bacon in portions, uncooked
- 6 slices Olymel Applewood Smoked Flavour Bacon in portions, cooked and diced
Bacon and cheese stuffing:
- 15 mL olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (85 g)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 15 g fresh basil, chopped
- 75 g ricotta, 75 g mozzarella, 30 g parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- Pepper and nutmeg
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan; sweat onion (cook for a few minutes), add garlic and remove from heat. Combine diced bacon, cheeses, basil, egg yolk, nutmeg and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on a board and slice ¾ open, like a book. Stuff with bacon mixture. Roll up each chicken breast with two slices of uncooked bacon around the outside.
- Cook in the oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for about 40 minutes.