« For a more economical dish, use apple juice instead of cider. »
If you add smoked ham and mushrooms to Monday night's chicken breasts, you'll feel a whole lot better about the long week ahead!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 175 g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced, or Shaved Ham, cut into strips
- 250 mL (1 cup) of boiled pearl onions, drained
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of cider vinegar
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of cider
- 125 mL (½ cup) of chicken stock
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of canola oil
- 2 mL (½ teaspoon) of dried thyme
- Heat oil in a pan, add chicken breasts and brown on both sides. Transfer chicken to a small gratin dish lightly brushed with oil, seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add ham and onions to the pan. Sauté until everything is slightly browned. Add cider and vinegar. Reduce sauce till pan is nearly dry.
- Add thyme and chicken stock. Once it starts to boil, add 15 mL (1 tablespoon) cold butter. Mix well. Arrange chicken on plates. Top with ham mixture and serve.