Sunny Grilled Melon
- 1 package (150 g) smoked chicken breast, shaved
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ tbsp. (22.5 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil (preferably fruity)
- 1 small bunch lemon basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) liquid honey
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) water
- 4 slices seedless watermelon (about 1 ¼ in./3 cm thick)
- ½ cup (125 ml) crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) toasted pine nuts
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Place tomato halves in a bowl, add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and basil and mix well. Set aside.
- Pour the honey, lemon juice and water into a bowl and whisk to form a vinaigrette.
- Brush the melon slices on both sides with the honey lemon mixture and grill 3 minutes per side basting regularly.
- Place the melon slices on 4 plates and garnish with the chicken and the tomato mixture, drizzle over crème fraîche, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve immediately.