Smoked ham Banh Mi
- 1 package (175 g) old fashioned smoked ham, shaved
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) mirin sauce
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 black radish, julienned
- Wasabi mayonnaise, to taste
- Vietnamese cilantro, to taste
- 2 submarine rolls, cut open along 1 side
- Place rice vinegar, mirin sauce and lime juice in a bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Add the julienned carrots and radishes, toss well and let stand 15 minutes stirring regularly.
- Spread the interior of the sub rolls with wasabi mayonnaise and top with slices smoked ham.
- Drain the marinated vegetables and divide them between the 2 sandwiches, top with cilantro and serve immediately.