« A quick recipe that's even quicker to eat up. »
For your next picnic with friends, try replacing that tired old pasta salad with a couscous salad that's just as delicious and colourful.
- 150 g sliced Olymel Smart & Natural Black Forest Smoked Ham
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 3 green onions, finely minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely minced
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, mix all vinaigrette ingredients with a whip. Add 1 to 2 tbsp. water if needed. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Place couscous in large bowl and add boiling water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let couscous expand for approximately 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Separate couscous grains with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients to couscous. Pour vinaigrette on couscous and mix thoroughly.