Tomato, mock chicken and avocado sandwich
- 200 g of thinly sliced mock chicken
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of lime juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. (7.5 ml) of honey mustard
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of olive oil
- 4 slices of white bread, toasted
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 red tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of chopped mint
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and, in a mixing bowl, purée with a fork .
- Add the lime and lemon juice, mustard and oil, and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Brush the toasted whole wheat bread slices with the avocado purée and top with mock chicken.
- Top with tomato slices. Season with pepper and sprinkle mint and basil. Close the sandwiches, cut into wedges and serve immediately.