Pork baby back ribs with red ale and maple syrup sauce
« Prepare this recipe in 3 easy steps. »
The big game is so much better with a big screen, good friends, back ribs and beer! This recipe's perfect for a winning game night.
- 1.5 kg Olymel pork baby back ribs
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 375 ml red ale
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 250 ml (I cup) barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil spare ribs in salted water with the first 6 ingredients for 60 minutes. Carefully remove ribs and place in half of sauce mixture to marinate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium setting. Grill spare ribs, turning and brushing frequently with remaining sauce, for about 15 minutes, or until caramelized. (Use indirect heat setting)
Grilled vegetable salad, rice with fine herbs, grilled vegetables, grilled potatoes