Totally Grape Salad
- 1 mixed package (2 X 150 g) sliced old-fashioned smoked ham and roast turkey
- 2 cups (500 ml) red grapes, cut in 2
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 French shallot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) grapeseed oil
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) hazelnut oil
- 8 basil leaves, chopped fine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- 4 slices raisin bread
- Port jelly, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Place the grapes, pepper, shallot, vinegar, oils and basil in a salad bowl, add salt and pepper and mix well. Let rest in the fridge 30 minutes then toss once more.
- When ready to serve, divide the grape salad between 4 bowls and sprinkle over with crushed hazelnuts.
- Place the bowl on 4 serving plates.
- Arrange the ham and turkey slices around the bowls.
- Toast and butter the raisin bread, cut into wedges and arrange on the plate.
- Serve chilled, accompanied by port jelly and a cold glass of Beaujolais