Ham & Leek Croque Croissant
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 package (150 g) old-fashioned smoked ham, shaved
- 1 leek, shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) 15% cream
- ½ cup (125 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 ml) strong cheddar, grated
- 4 butter croissants, cut in 2 along the side
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat some vegetable oil in a cast iron pan and cook the chopped bacon until it starts to brown.
- Add the leek, lower the heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the cream and the cheese and cook stirring constantly until cheese is completely melted.
- Add the cheddar, pepper generously and mix well.
- Arrange the ham slices on the croissant bottoms, add the hot leek mixture, close the croissants and place on a baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.