Zucchini, Ham and Ricotta Rolls
- 3 slices traditional cooked ham
- ½ cup (125 ml) quark cheese
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped chives
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 zucchinis
- 8 almonds, toasted and crushed
- Place the quark cheese, chives and the zest and juice of lemon in a bowl, pour in the oil, add salt and pepper and whisk until smooth and evenly textured. Refrigerate.
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into long ribbons (about 1/8 in./2 mm thick).
- Cut the ham into strips the same width as the zucchini slices.
- Place a few zucchini strips side by side on a work surface and place a strip of ham on top of each one. Spread each ham strip with the cheese mixture, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Arrange the rolls on a serving platter, sprinkle with crushed almonds and serve immediately.