Teriyaki Ham Burger
- 4 slices double-smoked Black Forest ham (about 1 cm/ 3/8 in. thick)
- 4 heads bok choy, cut in 2
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) togarashi pepper mix
- ½ cup (125 ml) teriyaki sauce (store bought)
- 4 sesame Kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- Preheat broiler and place rack on second level below it.
- Cut ham slices in 2 and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle cut side of bok choy with togarashi pepper mix and place cut side up beside ham.
- Brush ham slices and bok choy generously with teriyaki sauce and broil until sauce begins to bubble.
- Turn over the ham slices, brush with teriyaki sauce again and continue cooking until they begin to caramelize. Remove from oven.
- Spread the insides of the bread with Japanese mayonnaise.
- Arrange the broiled ham and bok choy on top, sprinkle with green onion, close the sandwiches and serve piping hot.