- 150 g waxed bologna, sliced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) balsamic cream
- 4 slices whole wheat panini
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) black olive tapenade
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 6 slices mozzarella
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Softened butter for cooking
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry half the bologna slices in the dry pan for 1 minute turning regularly until the edges begin to crisp up. Remove the bologna slices and spread with the balsamic cream. Set aside and repeat for the remaining bologna slices.
- Spread 2 panini slices with the olive tapenade and cover with the balsamic bologna chips.
- Add the tomato slices and the cheese, top with basil leaves, close the sandwiches and spread the outsides with a thin layer of butter.
- Cook the panini in a cast iron pan or in a panini press until cheese starts to melt. Serve immediately.