« Replace lime juice with 2ml of chili powder, 1ml of ground cumin and fresh coriander (chopped) to taste. »
Throwing a housewarming party? Nothing beats these quick and easy ham and cheese mini brochettes when it comes to spending more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen.
- 300 g of Olymel Smart & Natural Black Forest Smoked Ham
- 150 g cheddar cheese, diced
- 500 mL (2 cups) of fresh fruit: mango and pineapple (or apple and pear), diced
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of green onions, chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of red pepper, diced
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) lime juice
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare salsa ahead of time by mixing all ingredients. Set aside till serving time.
- Fold strips of ham and place on toothpicks or short skewers, alternating with cubes of cheese. Repeat to form 12 mini brochettes.
- Refrigerate till serving time and serve with salsa on the side.