Pork Loin Kebabs with Whisky BBQ Sauce
- 1 Olymel half pork loin - 2.5 kg
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 green peppers, quartered
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisky BBQ sauce ingredients:
- 750 ml bottled BBQ sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) whisky
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- Whisky BBQ sauce: In a pot, combine the olive oil and chopped onions and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until well browned.
- Add the whisky and ignite to burn off the alcohol. Cook until flame goes out.
- Add the BBQ sauce. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Brochettes: Cut pork loin into 2.5 cm cubes
- Build each skewer alternating pork cubes and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat BBQ over high heat or oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Oil BBQ grates thoroughly.
- Cook the kebabs turning frequently and brushing them with the BBQ sauce until internal temperature of the meat reaches 74°C (165°F).