Balsamic Pork Tenderloins
- 2 Quebec pork tenderloins, about 340 g (3/4 lb.) each
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups (750 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 asparagus, parboiled and chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) cocktail bocconcini, sliced
- 2 tbsp. (15 ml) each freshly chopped chives and basil
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano and garlic. Set aside 60 mL (¼ cup) for tomato salad.
- Add pork tenderloins to remaining marinade and coat well. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue to high or use a skillet. Oil the grill.
- Place pork tenderloin on grill. Lower BBQ to medium heat. For medium rare, grill pork tenderloins on all sides for about 12–15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F). Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine tomatoes, asparagus, bocconcini, chives, basil and reserved marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pork tenderloins into 1-cm (½-in.) slices. Serve with tomato salad.