When you serve Brussels sprouts with a meat dish, you often notice that there are just as many if not more left on people's plates! To make sure guests gobble up every last one, just add bacon and shallots! Next time you'll have to make even more!
- 4 slices of Olymel applewood smoked bacon, cut into dice
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) apple juice
- 4 large French shallots, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon. Remove the bacon and drain on absorbent paper. Leave remaining fat in pan.
- Add the shallots and Brussels sprouts to the hot fat. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze pan with apple juice. Bring to a boil. Let simmer on medium heat stirring frequently about 10 minutes or until sprouts are tender and the juice has evaporated. Correct seasoning. Add the cooked bacon and serve.