- 5 bacon-cheddar sausages
- 1 sheet flaky pastry dough 10 X 10 inches (25 X 25 cm)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, cut in 2
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) water
- Honey mustard dip (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Cut sausages in 2 and cook as indicated on the package. Set aside and keep warm.
- Unroll flaky pastry dough on a lightly floured work surface, cut in two, and cut each rectangle into 5 strips each 2 inches (5 cm) wide.
- Cut cheese slices in 2 and place a half slice on each strip of pastry.
- Place one sausage segment on each strip and roll up tightening slightly. Place rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat together the egg and the water.
- Brush a little of the egg mixture under the end of the dough to secure it and place seam side down. Repeat with all the rolls, then brush them with the beaten egg mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve hot with ramekins of honey mustard sauce for dipping.