« For variety, add Olymel Italian sausage meat to recipe. »
For anyone who can't decide between pizza and pasta, make this pepperoni spaghetti tart with parmesan au gratin. Problem solved!
- 250 g Olymel pepperoni, cut into thick slices and then diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) marinara sauce
- 3 cups (750 ml) spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cups (250 ml) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Warm half of olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until transparent. Add peppers, garlic and pepperoni and cook for 2 minutes. Add marinara sauce, simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl. Add mozzarella and spaghetti to eggs and stir to coat well. Season with fresh ground pepper. Spread pasta mixture evenly and press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch (23-cm) pie pan, lightly oiled with remaining olive oil.
- Top pasta with sauce, keeping 1 cm border with no sauce. Mix remaining parmesan with mozzarella and sprinkle on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut into 6 slices to serve.