Chicken & Ham Stuffed Turnovers
- 1 mixed package (2 X 150 g) old-fashioned smoked ham and roast chicken breast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8-10 mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 coloured sweet peppers, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) sriracha sauce
- 2 sheets flaky pastry dough, ready to use
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, pour in some oil and cook the onions until lightly coloured, add the mushrooms and continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the peppers and continue cooking 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Cut the old-fashioned smoked ham and the roast chicken breast into strips, add to the pan and cook 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the carrrots, parsley, olives and sriracha sauce, add salt and pepper and mix well. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Unroll 1 sheet of pastry dough and cut into 4 equal squares.
- Place 3 spoons of stuffing in the centre of each square, brush milk around the edges and close the pastry to seal completely.
- Make 2 incisions in the top of the turnover and place them on a baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Brush the turnovers with the milk and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.