- 300 g Black forest smoked turkey breast, sliced thin
- 2 large Vidalia onions, cut into thick rounds
- 1 large pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsweetened peanut butter powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) hoisin sauce
- ½ tbsp. (7.5 ml) grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60 ml) crushed peanuts (unsalted)
- 4 ginger wheat tortillas
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Separate onion slices into rings and spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add the pepper slices and give a quick toss.
- Sprinkle onions and peppers with sugar, drizzle over with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake 20 minutes turning halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a bowl, place peanut powder, coconut milk, hoisin sauce, ginger and crushed peanuts, add salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on a work surface and divide black forest smoked turkey breast slices between them.
- Add the roasted onion-pepper mixture and cilantro, drizzle over some of the coco-peanut sauce and roll up the tortillas taking care to tuck in the ends.
- Cut the wraps in 2 and serve accompanied by ramekins of the coco-peanut sauce.