Black Forest Ham Stuffed Buckwheat Crêpes
- 1 package (150 g) Smart & Natural Black Forest ham
- 1 cup (250 ml) buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) baking powder
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 package brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 150 g Swiss cheese, sliced
- Salted butter, for cooking
- Place the flour in a deep mixing bowl, form a well in the centre, pour in 1 cup of water and mix well using a wooden spoon and adding water as you go each time the batter gets too thick.
- The batter must be smooth and liquid (the consistency of 35% cream).
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat and melt a small lump of butter.
- Pour ½ cup (125 ml) of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form on the surface.
- Turn the crêpe and continue cooking until nicely browned and then remove to a plate. Repeat process until all batter is used up.
- In the same pan, melt 2 spoons of butter and cook the onions and mushrooms for 10 minutes, add pepper, pour in the balsamic vinegar, mix well and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and place a bowl of very hot water on the bottom rack.
- Place the crêpes on a work surface and top with, in turn, the cheese, slices of Smart & Natural Black Forest ham and the onion-mushroom mixture.
- Fold the 4 sides up towards the centre and place the stuffed crêpes on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crêpes are very hot.
- Serve immediately.