Spicy Bacon Tomato Pita
- 1 package maple bacon
- 4 cups (1 l) cherry tomatoes
- 12 wooden skewers (about 4 in./ 10 cm)
- 2 cups (500 ml) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) sriracha mayonnaise
- 4-6 pita breads
- Soak skewers 15 minutes in warm water.
- Pierce one end of a strip of bacon, then a cherry tomato, then wrap the bacon around the tomato and pierce the bacon again.
- Repeat the process alternating bacon and tomatoes so the bacon makes a zig zag between the tomatoes.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the shredded lettuce in a salad bowl, add sriracha mayonnaise and mix well. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the barbecue on high and grill the kebabs until the bacon is crisp along the sides.
- Heat the pitas quickly on the grill, top with the lettuce-mayo mixture then with the kabobs. Serve immediately.