Soup lunch minis-ravioli, vegetables and diced ham
« A soup more satisfying than any soup should be. »
Watch your little monsters turn to angels before your very eyes when they see mini ravioli and ham in their soup! Try it for yourself and let us know how it went :)
- 250 g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced 1 cm (1/2 in) thick
- 15 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced in rings 1 cm (1/2 in) thick
- 2 carrots, sliced 0.5 cm (1/4 in) thick
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped 0.5 cm (1/4 in) thick
- 1 leek, sliced 0.5 cm (1/4 in) thick
- 2 litres (8 cups) of chicken stock
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of fresh sage, roughly chopped, or 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of dried sage
- 2 mL (½ teaspoon) of thyme
- Bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 250 g mini cheese ravioli, store-bought
- 125 g (½ cup) of baby spinach or arugula
- Heat oil in a pan, add carrots and celery and sauté until lightly browned. Add zucchini, leeks and ham. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf and herbs. Bring to a boil, covered, over high heat. Add mini ravioli. Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes more.