Pork baby back ribs with applesauce
« Ideal when inviting family and friends at your table to share a delicious meal. »
Old friends or new, dinner will be a huge success when there are ribs on the menu at your next get-together.
- 1.5 kg Olymel pork baby back ribs
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) applesauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 250 ml (I cup) barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest and juice of three lemons
- fresh ground pepper
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil spare ribs in salted water with the first 7 ingredients for 60 minutes. Carefully remove ribs and place in half of sauce mixture to marinate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium setting. Grill spare ribs, turning and brushing with remaining sauce, for about 15 minutes, or until caramelized. (Use indirect heat setting)
Grilled vegetables, green salad, grilled potatoes, rice with fine herbs