« Goes beautifully with a wolf's appetite.
Serve up a bowl of rich, velvety happiness. »
For a lighter kind of chowder, add ham, pear and zucchini to make a simple soup into a tasty, hearty meal.
- 375 g Olymel Smoked Ham, diced or cut into strips
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of butter
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) of flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 500 mL (2 cups) of zucchini
- 250 mL (1 cup) of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 750 mL (3 cups) of chicken stock
- 250 mL (1 cup) of milk
- 1.25 mL (1/4 teaspoon) of ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat and sauté ham, diced or in strips. Add onion, zucchini, potatoes and pear, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour and mix well.
- Add chicken stock and milk to pan, then add cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.