« Thick omelet of Spanish origin, the frittata is a complete and light meal. »
This bologna vegetable frittata is the best way ever to make sure everyone is at the dinner table in 5 minutes flat.
- 375 g Olymel bologna, diced
- 8 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cooking cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 6 white mushrooms, minced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) melted butter
- freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F. (190° C.).
- In a large frying pan, sauté mushrooms, onions and pepper in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add diced bologna and cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush a large quiche dish with melted butter.
- Beat eggs with cream in a large bowl. Add nutmeg and a little salt and pepper. Add vegetable-bologna mixture and pour into buttered dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until frittata is golden brown.