« For a milder version, use Olymel Amoré sausages mild italian »
To help your kids get into cooking, ask them to lend a hand with this penne with Spicy Italian sausage. It's easy to make and the rewards are tremendous.
- 1 package (450g) Olymel Amoré Spicy Italian Sausages
- 4 cups penne, cooked “al dente”
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in large quarters
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, cut in large quarters
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) olive oil,
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary and freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook sausages following instructions on packaging and set aside to cool down.
- Cut sausages in two lengthwise, then cut them in thick slices.
- Grill sausages on the barbecue or in the oven and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine vegetables, 2 tbsp. olive oil and dried rosemary and season to taste.
- Grill vegetables on barbecue and cut them in fine strips after grilling them. In a saucepan, heat up the remaining olive oil and add the cooked penne, sausages and vegetables.
- Set in four bowls and top with fresh basil leaves.