« The classic of all classics.
An excellent source of bacon. »
Who ever ate just one bacon and smoked sausage bite? No one obviously, as it is physically impossible.
- 1 pack of 450g Olymel Original Wieners
- 1 pack of Original bacon 375g
- Brown Sugar
Apple and Maple B.B.Q. Sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) B.B.Q. sauce (from the store)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) apple cider vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of applesauce
- 1 c. tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (178 °C). Trim the ends of each sausage and cut it into four equal parts. Wrap each piece with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place sausages on a plate covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine the vinegar and syrup together in a saucepan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, applesauce and lemon juice. Cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add sauce B.B.Q., mix well and cool down.