Chicken Fillet and Tarator Sauce Stuffed Pitas
- 4 chicken fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 lemons, for juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) tahini (sesame butter)
- Water as needed
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated cabbage
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated carrot
- 2 pita breads
- 8 sticks pickled turnip
- Salt and pepper
- Cook chicken fillets as indicated on the package.
- Place the garlic, lemon juice and tahini in a bowl and mix until evenly textured.
- Pour in a thin stream of water beating constantly until mixture is creamy. Add salt and pepper and mix in well. Set aside.
- Mix together the grated cabbage and carrot, moisten with 2 spoons of tarator dressing and toss to coat.
- Heat pitas quickly in a hot pan over medium heat.
- Cut off one third of each pita and open them up to make large pockets.
- Stuff the pockets with the cabbage-carrot mixture, pickled turnips and breaded chicken breasts and drizzle over tarator sauce generously.
- Serve immediately.