- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 350 g extra lean shaved cooked ham
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated celery root
- ¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp. (22.5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp.(15 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 6 radishes, sliced thin (on a mandolin)
- Salt and pepper
- Place the celery root, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and parsley in a bowl, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place in fridge to blend flavours for 15 minutes.
- Toast the pumpernickel slices and place shaved cooked ham on top.
- Top ham with radish slices so they overlap slightly. Set a couple aside for decoration.
- Drain the remoulade and place a generous spoonful on each toast, decorate with reserved radish slices and serve.