« To make this recipe as an appetizer, cut each bagel half into 4 portions. »
Saturday noon and the kids are starved! For a super quick lunch whip up these bagel pizzas with mushrooms and peppers. They'll be refueled and ready to clean their rooms AND shovel the driveway (or mow the lawn in summer).
- 225 g of Olymel bologna, finely sliced
- 4 multigrain bagels, split in half
- 125 mL (½ cup) of white mushrooms, sliced
- 125 mL (½ cup) of peppers (mix of colours), diced
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) of cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) of tomato sauce
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of basil
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of thyme
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add freshly ground pepper, drain mixture and set aside.
- Place bagel halves on an ovenproof baking sheet and spread with tomato sauce.
- Top bagels with mushrooms and sliced bologna.
- Add cheeses, ending with peppers and herbs.
- Cook in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes.