Open-face ham and tomato melt
- 8 slices of Black Forest ham
- 1 poolish baguette, cut in half sideways
- 2 pinches of Herbes de Provence
- 2 very ripe red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- Olive oil
- Open the baguette and brush the inside with olive oil. Sprinkle with Herbes de Provence and - toast lightly in an oven set to broil.
- Place ham slices, then tomato slices on the toasted baguette.
- Brush the tomato slices with balsamic vinegar, season with pepper and top with Swiss cheese - slices.
- Put back in the oven until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Cut baguette into 4 pieces and serve hot.